Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Mother's Love


HONESTLY......

I cannot resist this face. I can see past the bad breath and the food that accumulates inbetween the creases of his nose that awaits me to clean. I gag (barf a little) and wonder how the heck his nose-folds (is that a word?) gets so dang dirty from day to day? I can see past his temper tantrums. When his food bowl is empty and he pushes his dish forcing it to bang against the wall so that he can bring to my attention that he is wanting more dinner is one example. Or at night when he demands his chew stick by producing alien noises as I try to go to sleep (closing your eyes and pretending to sleep doesn't shut him up) would be another one of his tantrums. I can even smell past his eye-watering farts!!!!

Deuce has become a momma-suck....its official. He follows me everywhere and is at his happiest while snuggled up to me. Deuce has always been independant and insisted on doing his own thing. Slowly with age, he is feeling needy and wants the comfort of having me in his presence. I have been gradually noticing this change but today his mom-obsession was clear to me and I couldn't be happier. To be worthy of such an honor has me filled with joy. I have long missed my Chubb who's loyalty was apparent to all that knew us. I know that Chubb is content with having such an important role filled by Deuce.

I just ADORE this little man and his adorable face melts my heart. I love his larger-than-life attitude. He makes me laugh and he showers me with kisses. I am grateful for our mutual love and adoration. What more could a person ask for???



No comments: