Monday, October 26, 2009

Carneage



This is Deuce after 15 minutes of tugging (making his famous alien noises) on my sock while I attempt to cook, clean dishes, pack lunches, and set the table. You can imagine the annoyance I feel as I shuffle along with a 17lb dead weight hanging off my toe. Why do I put up with such a game you ask? Because he is simply so adorable and frankly, I can't make him quit if I try.

I also know that the game will not last as soon as Big Red hears the ruckus. The mother's attention can never be too one-sided. And yes, once Ramsay is involved it is as painful as it looks. Now imagine 117lb of dead weight on your toes along with extra slobber.


They finally get the sock of my foot and I instantly feel sorry for it.
Deuce is pissed (having been the one who found the sock in the first place) and Ramsay is having the time of his life while playing tug-of-war with a game that he clearly has the advantage. Calli is more concerned with the magpie outside that is taunting her.
Deuce finally 'throws in the sock' but only because Ramsay standing up is out of Deuce's jumping range. He immediately goes to the chair and sulks. I have never seen a dog that sulks as much or as well as he does. The game is over and Ramsay can't figure out why.


The carneage. The horror of what this sock has just been through. Until next time.....


1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Thank you for the e-mail Traci. From the outpouring, it's obvious this type of decision really hits home with people.

I'm commenting on your blog...don't have your e-mail address.

I have no doubt Rory would LOVE a hang-out time with his brother. And any other RRs (and Pugs, of course) that we can round up. We've only ever seen one (his name was Frank) at our new park. Without Seth, I think Rory might forget what Ridgebacks look like :)

Jim and Barb (they have Kika, who was in the Advantix ad with Seth, Rory and Raimi) are up for a walk too.

What about Sunday?

KP